Game Shows are incredibly popular in the UK and thousands and thousands of people sit down each week to watch their favourites. If you find that your television picture is a little fuzzy and you are missing your gameshow you might want to contact a TV Aerial Installation Cardiff such as https://www.onevisionltd.co.uk/tv-aerial-installation-cardiff to get this fixed.
Here are some game shows that have broken records and made a number of television firsts.
- The first game show to ever offer a cash prize was ‘Take Your Pick’ was broadcast in 1955
- A Question of Sport and University Challenge are the longest running game shows on our screen. Before this it was Come Dancing.
- Countdown has produced the most episodes with over 7000 being filmed over the years and the program is still going strong today.
- The shortest running show was ‘The Debbie King Show’ which only had one episode broadcast.
- Jeremy Paxman is the longest serving host having hosted University Challenge for over 25 years.
- Davina McCall has hosted the most game shows with over 18 to her name. Next is Vernon Kay with 16 and then Bob Monkhouse with 15.