Category: Home Improvement
Have you ever wondered what happens when a Boiler Servicing Cheltenham company comes out to give your boiler its annual check over? Here is a quick idea.
The engineer will give your boiler a quick glance over to check that everything looks ok before they move onto a detailed check of a number of areas of the heating system. The importance of the boiler service is to ensure that it is in full working order, efficient and safe to use.
They will then go on to check the following:
- Gas pressure and flow will be checked
- The flue and combustion are checked to ensure that the right mixture of gas and air is being burnt and that the levels of gases are within the recommended safety limits.
- Electrical connections within the system are checked and cleaned if necessary.
- Fan elements are checked
- Seals and inspected to make sure they are intact and in some cases they may be replaced or another appointment made to replace them at a later date.
- Safety devices on the heating system as checked to ensure that they are still working correctly.
- Pipework is checked to ensure that there are no leaks or blockages that could cause problems with the functioning of the overall heating system.
If any issues are flagged up in the service the engineer will arrange for someone to come back at a later date to fix the issue. If the problem is serious or could be dangerous the engineer will make your heating system safe before leaving and will arrange for the remedial work to take place as soon as possible.