Category: Home Improvement
If you are thinking of starting a career as a landscaper, you will want to ensure that you have access to some critical pieces of equipment. Some of this help make your job easier, and some are essential for helping to prevent injuries and accidents from happening.
Here are some suggestions to get you started.
- A decent set of tools. Never underestimate the value of a decent set of tools. Whilst a good part of the work you will do in the initial stages will be by machine or machines, after that, the shaping of the landscape will be down to good old fashioned spade and hoe work. If you have substandard tools, it will soon begin to take a toll on your body as well. You’ll find that you’re doing most of the work that the devices should be doing. Plus, you need to have faith in them to not break or fail on you.
- An excavator. If you are looking at a large-scale job, you will need to have an excavator. Excavator Hire is not difficult, especially if you go to https://greensplanthire.uk/plant-hire-leicester/excavator-hire where there are lots to choose from. You may not need a massive engine. When the specification calls for a large amount of earth being moved, that place and the excavator is by far and away the best machine to do this. Its rear digging arm can carve out vast swathes of ground ready for installing features that the garden will have.
- Chainsaws. Hopefully, you’ll be planting more trees than removing them, but there may be times when some old woodland needs to be taken out either because it is decayed or just unsightly. Newer trees contribute more to carbon reduction anyway, but you’ll need to be careful when removing the wood. Chainsaws require specialist training and maintenance, but they quickly get the job done. You should also have a chipper as the resulting chips can be used as a decorative bark and covered later, also reducing the environmental impact of the tree’ removal.
- Goggles. There is no end of dirt and muck flying around when working in a landscape garden. This can create problems for your eyesight if some fly into your eyes. If you are clearing out bracken and long grass, this can cut the face and arm.
- Safety Clothing. You might be working in high summer, but despite the heat, you’ll need the clothing you wear. Hi-Vis is a given for you and your fellow workers so that you can be seen working out on site. It might seem that plants and soil are nothing to worry about, but there is always the scope for accidents and issues that cause injury.
You’ll also need to be in good physical shape. However, you’ll soon find that you’ll start to get the right physique for the work after a few good jobs!